Group Discussion (40 minutes)
Here is an explanation of our use of the word “Flourishing” as opposed to “blessed” or “happy” ARTICLE HERE
- Our Daily Devotions help us “abide” with Jesus each day. Brainstorm some ideas to remain engaged with the devotions. You can read OR listen to the devotionals from now on.
- The Way of Jesus is all about becoming people of love. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4–7 out loud 3 times.
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.1 Corinthians 13:4–7 (NLT)
- What about 1 Corinthians 13’s definition love is hard for you?
- Easy is often a shortcut. The Way of Jesus requires effort. Where are you exerting effort right now?
- Write down the name of someone who needs your mercy. Pray for them each day.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you become a person of love.